Arts North West is changing its Governance Structure to a skill based board. Expressions of Interest are currently sought from arts and cultural organisations who would like to be part of the Strategic Advisory Council, which reports to the Board of Management of Arts North West. There are up to four vacancies for independent cultural organisations in the New England North West.
The Strategic Advisory Council comprises eleven (11) representatives from contributing LGAs and up to four (4) independent cultural organisations providing strategic input and feedback into programming and direction.
Strategic Advisory Council positions are all voluntary and each appointment is for an initial two-year term. The Strategic Advisory Council will meet in August to provide input into the following year program and in November to provide feedback and comment on the proposed program for the following year. Advisory Council delegates are also welcome to observe Board meetings.
Role of the Strategic Advisory Council
• Council delegates will provide input into programming and strategic direction.
• The Strategic Advisory Council will receive regular updates from the Executive Director and may receive requests for feedback or input on policy development and potential projects.
• Strategic Advisory Council delegates will also act as champions and advocates for Arts North West in their own region.
Key selection criteria:
• Representative of a key independent community cultural organisation in the New England North West.
• Ability to apply strategic thought to key issues
• Prepared to question, challenge and critique, and be an active contributor
• Interest in the arts and or the role that the arts can play in regional communities
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
If you are passionate about regional arts and would like your community organisation to have a voice in arts and cultural development in our region, then please consider putting in an application by 1 APRIL 2018.