Wimble's Wayzgoose - Printer's Picnic
New England Regional Art Museum
106-114 Kentucky St, Armidale
10.00am - 3.00pm Sunday 30 April 2017
We invite you to take an excursion into the New England region and join us for a celebration of printing and printmaking at the New England Regional Art Museum for our inaugural Wayzgoose event. Join with local and visiting artists, printers, speakers and presenters for a relaxed weekend of events, workshops and activities celebrating all things print!
The Wimble’s Wayzgoose weekend (28-30 April 2017) will include a range of activities for everyone ranging from experienced printers through to interested bystanders including the inaugural Printer's Picnic on Sunday 30 April 2017.
Bring the family along for a casual get-together down by the Museum of Printing in the Black Gully with great food, live music and lots to see and do.
- Print & Maker’s Mini-market – buy, swap, sell – artworks, prints, type and equipment
- Barbeque with craft beers and local wines
- Live music and kids activities including Simon Mellor from Magic Electricity Box and others
- Pop-up exhibition by Black Gully Printmakers
- Letterpress printing demonstrations using the type and equipment from the F.T. Wimble Collection by artist/curator in residence Clint Harvey
- Artist talks by local and visiting printmakers
- Wimble’s BIG Wayzgoose outdoor printing event
- Book launch event – Keep the presses running by Dr Benjamin Thorn
- NERAM Print Room Exhibition – New Impressions from the Hamilton Wood Type and Print Museum (USA)
Booking URL: http://www.neram.com.au/what-is-a-wayzgoose/
Ticket price: free